Friday, February 15, 2013

Art Class

I drove from one coast of Florida to the other for a visit with my friend, Linda, and my Philadelphia relatives.  My niece, Cindy, had taken a painting class and wanted to teach Linda and me how to paint with acrylics. Cindy's work was so creative and good, we decided to try.



Before I knew it, Cindy had me out buying easels and canvases for our art lesson.  She had the brushes and paints,



 the background music and a vase filled with lilies and delphiniums, our focal point. Cindy's instructions seemed easy enough to follow, but Linda and I had no idea what we were doing.



































Relatives stopped by and laughed at our progress, we were not intimidated...  All of a sudden, Cindy's work was so advanced, were we failures?  What were we doing? I will tell you.  We were having the time of our lives - laughing, creating, relaxing and catching up, doing the things we always loved to do.


Before long, our canvases, covered with a vase of lilies and delphiniums, were completed.  Even though, from the same perspective, each so different, but all beautiful! 


The next morning as I read my emails, a blog update was there from belle mason.  She began with a quote by Joseph Chilton Pearce.  "To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong". The quote must have been for Linda, Cindy and me.







No comments:

Post a Comment